Upcoming Event:> Register
Indiana Health Information Technology, Inc.
Indiana Health Information Technology’s goal is to improve the quality, safety, and efficiency of patient care by advancing Indiana’s position as a leader in sustainable, secure, standards-based health information exchange. The State of Indiana will use the Cooperative Agreement Program (CAP) funding to achieve this goal by fulfilling five objectives:
- (i) Establish a governance structure that achieves broad-based stakeholder collaboration with transparency, buy-in and trust;
- (ii) Identify a path to continued sustainability by managing financial resources necessary to fund the State’s HIE Strategic Plan and Operational Plan;
- (iii) Expand the technical infrastructure services that physically enable Health Information Exchange in a secure and appropriate manner;
- (iv) Expand upon the collaborative efforts between existing HIEs, the state, and regional extension centers to enhance health information exchange capacity within the state and enable “meaningful use” by providers statewide; and
- (v) Facilitate adoption of appropriate privacy and security frameworks to expand upon the existing interstate health information exchange. This approach will generate four critical outcomes that ultimately advance the quality of Indiana’s health care delivery system:
- (i) The development of Indiana Health Information Technology, Inc., a state-designated audit, contract, and coordination entity that reflects broad stakeholder representation;
- (ii) The build-out of required health information exchange capabilities and services as required by CAP;
- (iii) Continued cultivation of a robust statewide network among the existing regional health information organizations (HIOs); and
- (iv) the expansion of HIE services to underserved areas.