Illinois Critical Access Hospital Network
ICAHN is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 corporation established in 2003 for the purposes of sharing resources, education, promoting efficiency and best practice and improving health care services for member critical access hospitals and their rural communities. ICAHN, with 53 member hospitals, is an independent network governed by a nine-member board of directors.
The mission of our organization is to strengthen Illinois critical access hospitals through collaboration. ICAHN will accomplish its mission through core network activities by:
- Ensuring appropriate funding and financial resources
- Continuing efforts to be recognized resource on critical access hospitals in Illinois
- Promoting efficient use of information technology services for the network and members alike
- Maintaining and further developing specific-type peer networks, activities and Listservs that promote hospital operational efficiencies and connectivity
- Offering ongoing educational opportunities and resources
- Developing and offering projects that are self-sustaining and which add value to the organization and its members
- Developing and offering shared services that offer value to members
- Telehealth and its disruption of the healthcare delivery model is here to stay.
- Is your door open, closed, or somewhere in between? Telehealth and Telemedicine can be intimidating, scary, exciting, and to some completely absurd. Some close the door, and think, absolutely not, we cannot see patients and communicate with other providers through a screen.