COVID-19 Telehealth Program
The COVID-19 Telehealth Program will provide $200 million in funding, appropriated by Congress as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, to help health care providers provide connected care services to patients at their homes or mobile locations in response to the novel Coronavirus 2019 disease (COVID-19) pandemic. The Program will provide immediate support to eligible health care providers responding to the COVID-19 pandemic by fully funding their telecommunications services, information services, and devices necessary to provide critical connected care services until the program’s funds have been expended or the COVID-19 pandemic has ended.
Note that the COVID-19 Telehealth Program is limited tosort by nonprofit and public eligible health care providers that fall within the categories of health care providers in section 254(h)(7)(B) of the 1996 Act. For more information, see Question 8 of the FAQs.
Submit an Application:
To improve the experience for applicants, an online application portal will make it easier to collect and submit the information necessary to evaluate your request. The Commission will review your request, may ask for additional information, and will issue a funding decision.
sort byIF YOU HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED A FILLABLE PDF APPLICATION, you DO NOT need to apply again. Your application is already under consideration and we will contact you if we need any additional information.
Tips for Navigating the Online Application:
- Fully and accurately complete all fields on the form marked with an asterisk (*). These fields are required and you must answer them for your application to be complete. Required fields are also noted in the instructions.
- To answer questions that require a more detailed response, consider drafting your response in a separate document and then copying and pasting that response into your application.
- Save the form often to preserve your work; we recommend that you fully complete each section and then save that section by clicking "Save Draft" at the bottom of the page before moving to a new section.
Information on Filing an Application:
- Instructions for the using the online application portal
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the application and the program
- Video webinar on how to use the application portal
- Slides from the video webinar
- Guidance on the Application Process (FCC Public Notice)
- Questions about the application process can be emailed to EmergencyTelehealthSupport@fcc.gov.
Prior to Filing an Application:
In advance of filing an application, parties should:
- Obtain an FCC Registration Number (FRN) from the Commission Registration System (CORES), as well as a CORES username and password at that link. An FRN is a 10-digit number that is assigned to a business or individual registering with the FCC and is used to identify the registrant’s business dealings with the FCC.
- Obtain an eligibility determination from the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) by filing FCC Form 460 through My Portal on USAC's webpage. (Filers do not need to be rural health care providers in order to file Form 460 for this program.)
- Register with the federal System for Award Management (SAM)
How to Invoice the Commission Under the COVID-19 Telehealth Program:
Following an eligible health care provider’s purchase and receipt of eligible services and/or connected devices, an applicant (funding recipient) that received a funding commitment notification must, on a monthly basis, complete both of the following steps in order to receive a reimbursement:
- Invoice the Commission for services and/or connected devices eligible for COVID-19 Telehealth Program funding by using the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Bureau of the Fiscal Service Invoice Processing Platform (IPP); and
- Upload the following documents as “Attachments” to their invoice submission in the IPP:
- A completed COVID-19 Telehealth Program Request for Reimbursement Form, and
- Supporting documents that identify the eligible services and/or connected devices purchased and received, and price paid (e.g., invoices, vendor and service provider quotes identifying the costs, or other similar information and actual documentation of payment).
- Consortium funding recipients also must submit a letter (see sample below) from participating eligible health care providers authorizing the funding recipient to receive funding on their behalf and provide this funding to the health care providers to reimburse them for their respective costs incurred under the COVID-19 Telehealth Program.
sort by Information and Documents related to Invoices and Reimbursement:
- Request for Reimbursement Form (fillable PDF)
- Instructions for Filing the Request for Reimbursement Form (PDF)
- Sample Letter of Authorization (Word)
- Invoicing Guidance (FCC Public Notice)
COVID-19 Telehealth Program Orders, Public Notices, and Other Releases
- Invoicing Guidance for the COVID-19 Telehealth Program - Public Notice, released 04/17/2020
- FCC Approves First Set of COVID-19 Telehealth Program Applications - News Release, released 04/16/2020
- COVID-19 Telehealth Program Application Launch and Webinar Presentation Information (PDF) - Public Notice, released 04/10/2020
- FCC's COVID-19 Telehealth Program Application Portal Opens Monday, April 13 - News Release, released 04/10/2020
- Guidance on the COVID-19 Telehealth Program Application Process - Public Notice, released 04/08/2020
- FCC Fights COVID-19 with $200M; Adopts Long-Term Connected Care Study - Order, released 04/02/2020
OMB Control Number 3060-1271