An Ohio behavioral health clinic is using a federal grant of almost $2 million to expand telehealth services for domestic violence victims in need of counseling. The Toledo-based Zepf Center is using the $1.8 million grant from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA) to create a connected health platform aimed at preventing
- COVID-19 Resources
- Provider Resources
- Patient Resources
- Getting Started Guides
- Grant Resources
- International Resources
- Policy & Reimbursement
- CMS: Rural Crosswalk: CMS Flexibilities to Fight COVID-19
- UMTRC Illinois Telemedicine Reimursement FQHC & RHC
- UMTRC Indiana Telemedicine Reimursement FQHC & RHC
- UMTRC Michigan Telemedicine Reimursement FQHC & RHC
- UMTRC Ohio Telemedicine Reimursement FQHC & RHC
- Medicare Telehealth Reimbursement Summary
- Telehealth Reimbursement Updated Summary Regarding COVID-19
- UMTRC Illinois Telehealth Reimbursement Summary
- UMTRC Indiana Telehealth Reimbursement Summary
- UMTRC Michigan Telehealth Reimbursement Summary
- UMTRC Ohio Telehealth Reimbursement Summary
- Policy & Regulations
- Sample Forms & Templates
- Credentialing & Privileging
- Training & Technology
UMTRC COVID-19 Toolkit with Collective Resources
Using Telehealth to Care for Patients During the COVID-19 Pandemic:
How Do I Quickly Implement Telemedicine in My Practice?
- Download the CMS General Telemedicine Toolkit(6 page PDF).
- Review this AMA Telemedicine Quick Set-up Guide(www.ama-assn.org) in response to the COVID-19 national emergency.
Expansion of Telehealth and Licensing Waivers During the COVID-19 Pandemic
How Do I Get Reimbursed?
The Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has loosened the regulations for telemedicine in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Telehealth services may now be delivered to Medicare beneficiaries by phone as long as video capability is available.
Review the links below for more information:
- Read the CMS fact sheet(www.cms.gov) to understand how Medicare will cover and reimburse virtual services.
- Review the CMS FAQs(edit.cms.gov) to get answers to your questions about telehealth coverage and reimbursement.
- Get guidance on Medicaid coverage(www.medicaid.gov) for telehealth services.
- Need help with telehealth coding?(1 page PDF) Access this guide to give you at-a-glance coding information for telehealth visits.
The Council of State Governments released COVID-19 RESOURCES FOR STATE LEADERS Executive Orders — By State
- States Waiving Licensure Requirements/Renewals See: Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB)
- States Waiving In-State Licensure Requirements for Telehealth See: Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB)
- Medicaid - Home/Originating Site Expansion/Clarification, Medicaid - Provider Type Expansion or Clarification, Medicaid - Service Expansion Provider Type Expansion or Clarification, and Medicaid - Telephonic/Audio-Only Delivery Waiving/Easing/Clarifying Prescribing Requirements Waiving/Easing/Clarifying Consent Requirements Cross-State Licensing
- Private Payer - Telehealth Requirement or Guidance
US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): CDC Symptoms and Testing
Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB): FSMB COVID-19 Resources
US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS): HHS OCR Notification of Enforcement Discretion for Telehealth Remote Communications
World Health Organization https://www.who.int/
Centers for Disease Control https://www.cdc.gov/
The National Consortium of Telehealth Resource Centers website here.US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): CDC Symptoms and TestingMATRC Telehealth Resources for COVID-19: List of our most frequently asked questions and requested resources. This page will be frequently updated as new questions and resources emerge – and as time allows in preparation for creating a new “COVID-19” Hot Topic section on our website. (Posted on by Kathy Wibberly)
- CDC Coronavirus Information
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Map
- CMS State Medicaid Telehealth Toolkit - State Medicaid & CHIP Telehealth Toolkit Policy Considerations for States Expanding Use of Telehealth COVID-19 Version. April 27, 2020
- Invoicing Guidance for the COVID-19 Telehealth Program - Public Notice, released 04/17/2020
- FCC Approves First Set of COVID-19 Telehealth Program Applications - News Release, released 04/16/2020
- “Strategies for Coping with Isolation and Loneliness During the Coronavirus Pandemic” Posted: Northwestern|Family Institute, Contributors: Dr. Russell Fulmer, Dr. Michele Kerulis, Alexandria Widener, Lauren Brdecka, Ali Haji, Colbertson Kreger, Zemzem Amme, Sue Tao. Describes different types of isolation and includes tips for managing each type. The article also features perspectives from members of the Counseling@Northwestern community on how they are personally managing isolation and social distancing. April 14, 2020
- COVID-19 Telehealth Program Application Launch and Webinar Presentation Information (PDF) - Public Notice, released 04/10/2020
- FCC's COVID-19 Telehealth Program Application Portal Opens Monday, April 13 - News Release, released 04/10/2020
- Guidance on the COVID-19 Telehealth Program Application Process - Public Notice, released 04/08/2020
- States Waiving Licensure Requirements/Renewals in Response to COVID-19 -(FSMB) Federation of State Medical Boards April 3, 2020
- AMA Special coding advice during COVID-19 public health emergency Updated April 3, 2020
- FCC Fights COVID-19 with $200M; Adopts Long-Term Connected Care Study - Order, released 04/02/2020
- AMA Quick Guide to Telemedicine in Practice (**NEW**) Updated April 2, 2020
- Remote Communication Technology Codes: An Analysis of State Medicaid Coverage (slides)- CCHP Releases Report Assessing Medicaid Coverage of Remote Communication Technology Codes (new analysis) March 2020
- Telehealth Coverage Policies and State Actions Updated March 31, 2020
- TELEHEALTH COVERAGE POLICIES IN THE TIME OF COVID-19 Updated: March 31, 2020
- CMS - Long-Term Care Nursing Homes Telehealth and Telemedicine Tool Kits March 27, 2020
- DEA decision tree that they have for controlled substances (PDF) sheet - This chart only addresses prescribing controlled substances and does not ... Part I: Evaluating the Patient ... This decision tree merely summarizes the policies for quick reference and ... details are on DEA's COVID-19 websitePrescribing via telehealth
- SAMHSA Releases Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health Fact Sheet: Tips For Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation during an Infectious Disease Outbreak.
- HHS FAQs on Telehealth and HIPAA during the COVID-19 Nationwide Public Health Emergency (PDF) Mar 24, 2020
- COVID-19 Fact Sheet CCHP's TELEHEALTH COVERAGE POLICIES IN THE TIME OF COVID-19 UPDATED: March 19, 2020
- Coronavirus Telehealth Policy Fact Sheet Center for Connected Health Policy released outlines of current telehealth policy during COVID-19. It summarizes what is covered by various public and private payers with information that has been released March 19, 2020.
- CMS Medicare Telemedicine Healthcare Provider Fact Sheet - COVID-19 (**NEW**) March 17, 2020
- Notification of Enforcement Discretion for telehealth remote communications during the COVID-19 nationwide public health emergency Reviewed on March 17, 2020
- COVID-19 FAQs March 5, 2020
- Medicaid and CHIP Coverage and Benefits Related to COVID-19 March 5, 2020
- Medicare Coverage and Payment Related to COVID-19 March 5, 2020
- Federal Government Response to COVID-19 - with the help and guidance from the (CDC) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides information for public and health care professionals and facilities on the best practices related to COVID-19. (CDC Guidance for COVID-19)